China Cultural Centre in Sydney (CCC) is delighted to announce that we are reopening from Monday 18 October, with the safety and wellbeing of visitors and staff our main priority.
Important conditions of entry
For everyone’s health and safety, COVID-19 vaccination (age 16+) and masks (age 12+) are legal requirements for all visitors.
To enter CCC, you must:
- check in using the Service NSW QR code; and
- show proof that you have received TWO doses of a COVID-19 vaccine OR that you hold a certified medical exemption.
Ways to prove vaccination or medical exemption
You can show any of these accepted forms of proof:
- COVID-19 digital certificate displayed through the Medicare App, Service NSW App or equivalent smartphone wallet;
- printed version of the COVID-19 digital certificate or immunisation history statement;
- successful completion of a Service NSW QR check-in that includes vaccination confirmation;
- NSW Health certificate of medical contraindication, signed by a medical practitioner.
Children under 16 are not required to be vaccinated.
We need to view proof of vaccination to manage our work health and safety risks and comply with Public Health Orders. Your information will be kept private.
Ways to check in
When you arrive, use your smartphone camera to scan the QR code displayed at the entrance, open the link to the Service NSW check-in, and follow the instructions. Show the confirmation screen to our staff as you enter, along with proof of your vaccination status or medical exemption.
If you don’t have access to a smartphone, you can use the Service NSW check-in card, or our staff will make a record of your contact details. You’ll need to show printed proof of your vaccination status or medical exemption.
Tickets are NOT required for general entry and exhibitions.
The Gallery, Library and Multi-founction room will be open.
- A face mask is mandatory for visitors aged over 12 when visiting CCC, even if you are vaccinated, and recommended for younger children as appropriate.
- Masks must completely cover your nose and mouth.
- Some visitors may have a medical or other condition which prevents them wearing a mask. These visitors must carry documents to support their exemption as required by Public Health Orders. We ask that you be respectful to others, as reasons for not wearing a mask are not always obvious.
- Download the Service NSW app before visiting, for easy QR check-in.
- Bring a credit or debit card for on-site purchases. Cashless payments are preferred where possible.
- Don’t visit if you’re unwell or, if in the last 14 days, you have experienced cold or flu symptoms, returned from overseas, been instructed by health authorities to isolate or are a close contact of an identified COVID case.
- Before you visit, we recommend you check NSW Health’s list of locations. Do not attend if you have visited a location at an identified time and listed as ‘self-isolate and test immediately’.
- Follow all requests and instructions from our staff.
- Use the hand sanitiser provided on arrival.
- Keep at least 1.5 metres distance from others at all times, including while in queues.
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow or a tissue, and put the tissue in a bin.
- Wash your hands with soap for at least 20 seconds in our restrooms.
- Please don’t touch the artworks.
- All onsite staff are fully vaccinated.
- Floor markings and signage help visitors to maintain safe distances.
- Limits on the number of visitors overall and in each space are based on current NSW Health guidelines. Please adhere to the capacities and follow instructions from staff.
- We’re cleaning frequently with hospital-grade disinfectants, including disinfecting all hard surfaces in the theatre between events, and high-touch items are sanitised after each use.
- We’ve provided hand sanitisers at the entry.
- We continue to be guided by NSW Government health guidelines and will provide updates to this information.
- Everyone is welcome at CCC, and everyone needs to feel safe while they visit. Any individuals putting at risk our visitors, staff, volunteers or artworks will not be admitted or will be asked to leave.
- We’re working to keep you safe, but we can’t guarantee you won’t be exposed to COVID-19. By entering CCC, you assume the risk of such exposure.